Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Have pain and slight welling near bridge of nose. No trauma

Customer Question

have pain and slight welling near bridge of nose. No trauma or fever although my head hurts in the sinus area
JA: How long have you been dealing with the pain? Does the pain affect your breathing?
Customer: 12 hours. No breathing issues but have been blowing nose a little recently
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not that would pertain to this. Maybe nasal surgery for diverted septum 14 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Is this swelling in the skin or deep to the skin?

Is the swelling visible or a sensation of swelling?

I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back.

Since you are having pain in the sinuses and blowing your nose, the first concern is whether this is from the sinuses. There are multiple sinuses beside, around, and above the nose. If there is inflammation or infection of the sinuses, it can also cause a sensation of fullness and swelling along the bridge of the nose. When this happens, the swelling would typically not be visible in the skin, although there may be some redness in the skin overlying the nose or sinuses. In this situation, the usual first step would be the use of an over the counter antihistamine, such as loratidiine or cetirizine.

If the swelling is in the skin, then it would be more likely to be a skin problem, such as a dermatitis or blocked sweat glands. If it is visible, then it would help if you could attach a picture of the swelling.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.