Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Its after hours and my psychiatrist hasn't called me back

Customer Question

its after hours and my psychiatrist hasn't called me back from the call i put in with his answering service. i am to take 1 vyvanse in the morning (60mg) and he also prescribed me klonopin .5 mg (1/2 pill in the morning and 1/2 pilll in the afternoon and one whole pill at night. ) i normally dont mix my vyvanse and klonopin and i just take one vyvanse in the morning and 1 klonopin in the evening. today i took my vyvanse this morning as normal and this evening at about 9pm, i went to take my klonopin and took vyvanse instead. now im wired. i dont want to be up all night. my psychiatrist isn't calling me back and im not sure if 1. it was safe to take another 60mg vyvanse since 70mg is suppose to be max dosage and 2. i dont know if it's safe to take the klonopin on top of all of that. will this be ok?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer,

Since when are you taking these medications?