Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

My stepson, has the next stage to Melanoma cancer on his

Customer Question

Hello, My stepson, has the next stage to Melanoma cancer on his face. He is using Predisone cream from his doctor. To burn it out, before they have to start cutting his face.It is spreading more. He has 2 weeks before they start. He had it on his back and they had to cut it out 3 different times and he had 55 stitches. I am from Iowa and know how wonderful Mayo is. We live in Florida and I myself don't trust doctors here. Do you think, if he came there, there's more than cutting, you could do? He is Diabetic and his heart is very enlarged and only 55. I fill his pills and he takes so many, I wonder if they even mix. Our phone number is(###) ###-#### call anytime.. Thank You very much, Karen Moschette
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor

I am sorry about your stepson.

we are not at Mayo Clinic here. we are doctors here at JustAnswers here to answer medical questions.

it sounds like he has a lot of melanoma which are active on the skin.

he may benefit from a PD-1 blocker immunotherapy like Kaytruda which could help shrink all of his melanoma

using prednisone on his face will not help.

he needs a full body PET/CT scan to see if he has evidence of melanoma in other parts of his body

he needs to consult with a medical oncologist with regards ***** ***** melanoma, not just a skin surgeon

let me know if you have questions.

if you would like to talk by phone, you have to accept additional phone consult services which I can do for you