Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

My heart rate, resting, is normally around 50.. Last few

Customer Question

My heart rate , resting, is normally around 50.. Last few days it has been bouncing around 80's. With higher than normal BP around 130/85 . I think I overheated couple weeks ago.
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: Yes but I am 74 yr old athlete and haven't had any past difficulty wit h high BP
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Also cholesterol around 230 but cardiologist has not been concerned due to my health and fitness
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern regarding heart rate & blood pressure:

Do you have any chest pain?

Are you diagnosed with any medical condition?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

A normal heart rate for a healthy adult, while resting, can range from 60 to 100 beats per minute.Average heart rate is 72 beats per minute.Tachycardia occurs when the rate is above 100 beats per minute.So your heart rate of 80 is within normal limits.You should not worry.Even though your normal resting rate was near 50,heart rate of 80 beats/minute is absolutely normal & there is nothing of concern.

The range of systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg. Your present blood pressure of 130/85 is only slightly elevated.

Considering your age of 74 years,I would not worry for 130/85. You need to follow these:

hypertensive medication accordingly.

-Restrict your salt intake .

-Drink plenty of water.

-Limit your alcohol & avoid smoking.

-If you are overweight,then loose weight.

-Eat a healthy diet.

-Eat less fat and sodium.

Your cholesterol levels are slightly elevated & as you have only slightly high BP now,you now may need to take statin medications to lower this level(even though you are physically fit).

You just need to keep a watch over your blood pressure.Presently there is nothing to worry or concern.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

For better understanding,please see this chart:

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not want monthly service or monthly billing
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

If you have any issues with the billing,please contact the moderators/customer care service.Your issue will be definitely resolved.

If you have any questions regarding your condition/problemplease let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please

reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.If you are done,then please leave positive rating(3 or more stars) above the chat box

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh