Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Like what happens after someone get staff pneumonia can this

Customer Question

Like what happens after someone get staff pneumonia can this be eradicated or is this something that keeps reoccurring I recently got staff pneumonia in July and I'm so scared no I've been hearing on the Internet Does not go away but you can even get skin infection I have never yet thank god My doctor told me to do a nasal swab So that I did three times They all came back negative But when I went in to get a sputum sample I still had three days left of Bactrim and showed up positive For staff or Mrsa not sure what they're calling it
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The issue here is not whether you will get colonized with Staph, as virtually everyone can have Staph growing on the skin on different days. When dealing with an infection with resistant Staph, the issue is whether you will become colonized with the resistant Staph. MRSA refers to Staph that is resistant to methicillin.

Most people do not get colonized. However, some people do get colonized, and it is impossible to know which people will get colonized and there is no evidence that any particular treatment of the infection will lower the risk of developing colonization. The usual approach at this point is to attend to the infection.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is there a cure for Mrsa just be honest with me

I was honest with my original answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I didn't really understand your first question there is no infection right now I did three nasal swabs they came back negative and I did a sputum test and it came back negative a few days ago I had staff pneumonia
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I meant to say back in July I had staff pneumonia
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But I did the sputum test a few days ago test results came back negative

You need to see your doctor to see if there is any evidence of persistent infection.