TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
13956133

What happened to somebody after they get stuff pneumonia

Customer Question

What happened to somebody after they get stuff pneumonia does this mean they're colonized with staff or mrsa? I need a good doctor that knows a lot about this
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

We have spoken on this a few times --- if you are tired of me and want a fresh opinion let me know and I'll opt out >> :-)

The deal with staph germs in general is that it is so common --- common as dust ...there is no complete escape ...

Staph and STREP germs colonize the skin ...,

Most of the time >> no infection problems ...

Most infections due to staph are skin related --- boils and such

Pneumonia from staph aureus infection is not the most common but is a nasty infection when it occurs ...

MRSA is staph aureus but just more sturdy vs many antibiotics ( KEFLEX/ ERYTHOMYCIN/ Augmentin/ BIAXIN --- these no longer work vs MRSA )

If you have MRSA and are treated then you can potentially be colonized for a time with MRSA but this is temporary ....

Usually having a resistant type infection is CLEAR after 2 months ...

You expect any staph infection that MIGHT OCCUR to be more resistant if you had such infection within 2 months but not resistant past 2 months as a rule of thumb...

Bacteria change population characteristics rapidly

You may reduce skin staph to take bath in dilute bleach solution ( 1/2 cup per 2 inch deep bath )

I hope this is helpful for you

Let me know If you have further questions / concerns / discussion

I will be happy to get back with you

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for all your help but I think I'll get a fresh opinion

Ok that will be fine ! I know that we have been several rounds through this ...Best regards ***** *****!

Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 3 months ago.

You have asked about this before and received some answers - If you want a phone discussion let me know.

FYI I am an Infectious Diseases specialist- the only one on this board and the a true expert in this area.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is Mrsa curable can it spread To my bones how well I know if it does Because my arm hurts feels like ache in my elbow Is this like cancer? But I only had staff pneumonia There was 1+ Mrsa in my sputum so what do u think? Oh and I was in the hospital for six days with IV antibiotics and got sent home 10 day Bactrim

If you are interested I can offer a phone discussion

You have already received many replies to your question.