Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.

When I blew my nose it looked exactly like the picture

Customer Question

When I blew my nose it looked exactly like the picture above^^^^ I have went through some traumatized events the past year, very stressed out, I had gave birth to my daughter 2 years ago... I went through some pretty rough post pardum, I have lost over 30 pounds the past 6 or 7 months unwanted, I do not want to be skinny, I am not trying to loose weight.I've always brushed it off for it being stress and then the past like 4 weeks the black mucus is coming out of my nose every other time I blow it. I've had bad sinuses all my life and have a runny nose, but never seen this? I'm scared it could be the events of a serious viral infection that I might not know about? I just pray it isn't something deadly that can't be treated?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: The losing weight for about six or seven months, I try to gain weight not lose it I was always skinny in high school and when I turn 20 are usually average about 150 pounds I am now 121, and the black mucus has been happening on and off for about 4 or 5 weeks. Thank you so much for replying I'm really scared after I saw the Google facts about it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: And no breathing problems
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 1 month ago.

I have not received the image that you have described.

Can you use the attachment button and sent it across?