Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am 83 years old--never had chicken pox. Is it absolutely

Customer Question

I am 83 years old--never had chicken pox. Is it absolutely necessary for me to get a vacination? Even my MD can't answer this.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Since you have never had chicken pox, you will not get shingles.

At the age of 83, I would recommend you not bother getting the vaccination. You have avoided chicken pox for 83 years so I bet you will be fine for the next 15.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS