Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

My total cholesterol is 143. Do I need further labs to check

Customer Question

My total cholesterol is 143. Do I need further labs to check hdl and idl or triglycerides?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for this question. Actually your total cholesterol levels are perfectly fine, anything below 200 mg/dl is okay. However it would be best if you got your LDL cholesterol and HDL cholesterol levels done as well, they are likely to be fine but it is better to get a value of them as well. In some cases your HDL can be low which would need adjustment of your diet. But total cholesterol is perfectly normal.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.