Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

Can I smoke afeter my thyroid gland surgery

Customer Question

Can I smoke weed afeter my thyroid gland surgery
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for this question. Smoking of any sort post thyroid surgery or any major surgery is NOT advisable for atleast the first 4-6 weeks after the surgery. This is because smoking can interfere with healing of the wound as well as cause problems breathing. This holds true for marijuana as well. Once the above stated time period passes, you can safely resume smoking marijuana.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.