Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Yesterday i had a appointment to see a E N T consultant In

Customer Question

Yesterday i had a appointment to see a E N T consultant In hospital outpatients As i have gone deaf in my right ear. He said no sound is getting is getting for my outer ear to my inner ear. due to a blockage of some kind , also when he tried tried to pass a small tube up my right nostril he was unable to do so due to a narrowing of the airway, the left side was fine. Now i realize if i block my left nostril i can hardly breath through my right . I just wondered this morning if it could if it could be something unpleasant happening, and as it is something on that side of my face if it could affect my eye sight as i am blind since birth in my left eye. by the way i am 80 years old male and very active Thank You
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you have gone deaf in your right ear.

I hope your ENT doctor ordered a CT scan or MRI scan of your skull and sinuses to see what may be blocking your hearing and blocking your right sinuses.

it sounds like the problems is in the right sinuses and not the left side.

did your ENT doctor set you up for a scan of the head?