Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have had diarrhea for two days with cramping in my

Customer Question

I have had diarrhea for two days with cramping in my abdomen. When I go to the bathroom its watery next to no solid waste and clear. Do I have the stomach flu?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern regarding diarrhea:

Is there any episode of vomiting besides diarrhea?

Do you have nausea?

Any fever?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Yes,the symptoms you have described of having diarrhea & cramping in abdomen since last two days is most likely due to a condition called gastroenteritis what you call as stomach flu.Gastroenteritis is the irritation and inflammation of the digestive tract.Its most common causes are:Food poisoning, viral infections, food allergies, improper diet, and intestinal parasites or bacterial infections.

You can take the following medications:

-Take tab.Acetaminophen for relief from abdominal cramps
- Take tab. Loperamide to stop the diarrhea & loose stools.

Both of these medications are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.If still the symptoms persists,then you need to go to ER as tests & antibiotics will be prescribed accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets cleared with these above described treatments.Do not forget to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.

So bot***** *****ne is most likely this is stomach flu & you just need to wait & watch your symptoms & take the above decsribed treatments.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.Is your diarrhea controlled. Do you need further assistance?

Also you have forgotten to leave the rating for this answer.Please leave a positive rating(3 or more stars).

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh