Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I got tested for stds and utis...all came back negative.

Customer Question

I got tested for stds and utis...all came back negative. There is a slight redness in the meatus above the urethra orifice. Ive been to the urologist three times. I had a culture done and nothing. What is the red irritation from and shpuld i see a dermatologist? Thank you
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also no yeast infection. Again the redness is above the opening when you split apart the head of the penis to look
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

It is impossible for me to say what the redness is from using only the data you have provided.

It could, of course, just be the normal red tissue that everyone can see at the terminus of their urethra.....

That being said, I agree: A dermatologist would be the next best step. She may want to do a culture, a scraping or even a full thickness biopsy to help her get to the root of your issue.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could the red tissue also be a result of bad hygiene and the hot/humid weather? Im inclined to think that because i was tested three times and like i said. No yeast, gono, chlamydia,utis or stds. I feel the dermatologist is also a good choice. My dr and urologist kind of brushedme aside. Id appreciate your feedback

That is a possibility....

I'm glad I could help you.

Have a good evening.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS