Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

What could cause tingling, impaired touch sensation and mild

Customer Question

What could cause tingling, impaired touch sensation and mild aching of fingers when one is at sustained immobility?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David

sustained immobility can cause decrease blood circulation into the hands which can cause tingling and implaired touch sensation

also sustained immobility can cause compression of nerves in the neck spine from arthritis or kyphosis (forward bending of the spine) which can cause tingling and impaired touch sensation and aching of fingers.

arthritis in the hands can cause aching of fingers.

you should see a doctor and get your nerves evaluated. you may benefit from an xray or CT scan of the bones of your neck or an MRI scan to check for pinched nerves

the patient may benefit from NSAID non steroidal anti-inflammatories which could help decrease arthritis inflammation in the fingers.

blood tests for B12 and folate and magnesium levels should also be checked. low levels of these can also affect function of nerves as well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David

you don't have to start a new question.

diabetes often can cause over time with poor glucose control damage to nerves and cause tingling and numbness of nerves.

this is called diabetic neuropathy.

pinched nerves in the neck can cause radiculopathy pain radiating down nerves which are being pressed close to the spine.

immobility can cause weakness of muscles and lack of flexibility of nerves and muscles which can cause weakness of nerves as well.

low B12 and folate vitamins in the blood stream can cause damage to nerves and tingling to nerve function.

do you have a history of diabetes?