Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

What are symptoms of gallbladder disease?

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

Symptoms vary on the kind of disease that you are having.

If you are having acute cholecystitis you would have severe pain in the right upper part of the abdomen.

You may have fever and vomiting associated with it.

If you are having more of a chronic problem of the gallbladder you could be having off and on pains.

An ultrasound is the best first test to have a look at the gallbladder, which is what I would recommend doing if that has not already been done.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end and then submitting your rating as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had an ultrasound a few months ago and it came back fine. I have more of a fullness. It happened after eating a meal too fast. Had lots of stomach rumbling and it resulted in a discomfort on my right side and sometimes goes to my back. It's not a pain just a fullness. Could it be gastritis? This is not triggered by certain foods just eating too fast
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

It could be gastritis.

I agree.

I would definitely test you for H. pylori with a urea breath test, if you have not had that done already.

If positive, you will require a course of an antibiotic with a proton pump inhibitor for one week.