Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I went to ENT and they did the camera up nose to see throat

Customer Question

I went to ENT and they did the camera up nose to see throat thing. I have two small nodules and my vocal cords are very swollen. I was referred for voice therapy but the doctor seems to think the swelling is all diet related and said if I dont eat acidic foods the swelling will go down. Can this all just be diet related?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David

sorry you were found to have bad polyps and nodules on your vocal cords

severe acid reflux coming up from your stomach can burn and irritate your vocal cords and throat, especially when you sleep, and this can lead to sore throat, heart burn, sour taste in the back of the throat and also vocal cord irritation

have you battled heart burn and acid reflux before?

certain foods like alcohol, tomato sauces, spicy foods, oily foods, fatty meals, sodas, black pepper can all cause acid reflux.

weight loss and increasing abdominal muscle core strength can help decrease acid reflux.

let me know if you have questions.