Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

On 18th August. I had a colonoscopy, They removed 2 polyps.

Customer Question

Hi. On 18th August. I had a colonoscopy, They removed 2 polyps.
I have been to the toilet since. Not much though. Now I am very constipated. I have pain in my right side back and front. And feel like I'm going to vomit also.
I have taken coloxyl tablets, lactalux, psulm husk, movicol and an enema. Still no relief.
Any ideas would help.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

It is most likely your bowel has slowed down and you are feeling this pain due to impacted feces and gas. Since you have already taken all the home medicines for constipation with no relief i would suggest you to visit urgent care for thorough evaluation so that diagnosis can be confirmed and treatment can be given accordingly. constipation, vomiting along with abdominal distension need urgent evaluation as it can be due to partial or complete obstruction of the gut.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.