Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I already have a primary care physician but she's currently

Customer Question

Hi! So I already have a primary care physician but she's currently on vacation and won't be back for a week. A month ago she wrote me a script for a 90 day supply of adderall xr. Unfortunately my insurance would only cover thirty days and I planned on getting in touch with her closer to the end of the month once I was running low.
I've scheduled an appointment with a different primary care physician who also works for an urgent care clinic. I explained my situation in the comment section but since he isn't my regular doctor is it possible for him to prescribe a one month supply? I just get nervous about not taking it as prescribed, and I'm supposed to take it every morning
Category: Medical
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical conditions including the concerns of running out of Adderall xr you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Can I ask why is Adderall prescribed for you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was diagnosed three years ago with add

Okay I see. Thanks for this additional information! I am preparing the answer, I am typing it now and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready

Okay I am ready; I am posting my answer here;

Yes, the new dr you have mentioned above can prescribe Adderall for you

You have proper indication for this medication (add is a genuine indication for Adderall)

You can explain to the new dr why this medication is prescribed for you and also if possible you may arrange the medical records from your regular dr to reach the new dr’s office so that he will not have any issues with giving you a new prescription

All you need to do is to convince him that your regular dr is on vacation, you have a genuine indication for this medication (add), and you are running out of the prescription. And if your new dr is convinced about these points then there should not be any issues for prescribing you Adderall xr until your regular dr returns.

A dr to prescribe Adderall need not be your primary care dr, any properly licensed allopathic dr with active DEA registration can prescribe you controlled meds like Adderall provided the dr is convinced that you have genuine indication for this med (add in your case), so you can certainly contact the new dr you have mentioned and ask for Adderall prescription until your regular dr resumes her clinic from vacation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best regards,

Customer/p>