Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I have something that looks like a wart on my waste line is

Customer Question

i have something that looks like a wart on my waste line is there anything i can do
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for contacting the medical experts at Just Answer.

The diagnosis needs to be confirmed preferably by visiting a physician.

There are a few home remedies that may be of help in case of wards.

"One popular home treatment is using cider vinegar. Soak a piece of cotton or gauze pad on cider vinegar. Lay the pad over to the affected area and secure with a band-aid or a tape. Change the vinegar dressing every day until the wart becomes black or brown. Stop the treatment and let the wart dry out and disappear."

More home remedies are mentioned here

http://waist-belt.blogspot.in/2012/11/wart-removal.html

Prescription creams are a better bet, and can be given to you by your treating doctor.

Prescriptions to genital warts include topical creams and ointments that boost the immune response to the virus like Imiquimod, Fluorouracil and Sinecatechins; solutions like Podophyllin and Podofilox; application of Trichloroacetic Acid; and injection with Interferon. Professional treatments include freezing or cryosurgery using liquid nitrogen, electrodesiccation where electric currents are applied to the warts and laser treatment on the lesions.

Finally, The best way to prevent warts is through observance of hygienic practices like regular hand washing, not sharing personal belongings like comb, gloves, hankies, towels, dresses or cosmetics with others, and disinfecting shared paraphernalia like spoons, forks, glasses and cups.

I would recommend confirming the diagnosis with your physician, taking prescription topical creams and seeing how it goes, hopefully you will recover soon :)

Warm regards

Dr. Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
where would i find Imiquimod cream

Apologies for the delay in reply,

You would need to show to your doctor, and get a prescription for the same.

It is available in most pharmacies, but as a prescription drug,

Read more here about how to use it,

http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/imiquimod-topical-route/proper-use/drg-20067474

Do remember to accept the answer and give a positive rating if it was helpful,

Warm regards

Dr. Gupta, MD