Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine

Glucose 102, Anion Gap 5, Bun, 19, Calcuim 8.4, Blood

Customer Question

Glucose 102, Anion Gap 5, Bun, 19, Calcuim 8.4
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Blood results prior to cardiac ablation one week ago
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Interestin what I was quickly reading. I had a pre Level one meloa removed two weeks ago, and one on my back that will be monitored in one month
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Right thyroid nodule that will be biopsied Oct 6 for second time due to growth in nodule
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical conditions including the concerns of blood test reports you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see that you have mentioned certain blood test results here, could I ask you what is your exact question to us or what are your exact health concerns?

If you are wondering whether these blood test results are normal, the answer is yes these are essentially normal. The blood glucose, anion gap, BUN & Calcium levels you have mentioned are essentially normal.

The normal blood glucose range is usually 70 to 100, yours is 102, so either normal or if at all minimally elevated

The normal anion gap is usually around 3 to 11 and yours is 5

The normal BUN is usually around 7 to 20 and yours is 19

The normal calcium level is usually around 8.5 to 10.2, and yours is 8.4

Yours blood glucose is 102 which is minimally elevated and the calcium level is minimally decreased, but it also depends upon the labs, for certain labs these ranges may be normal too. Even otherwise the numbers are just minimally out of range. Sometimes repeating these tests may show these within normal range. On most occasions such minor differences are not clinically significant, however repeating these tests again is a good idea too.

If you please mention to me what are your exact health concerns or what are your exact concerns with these blood test results we can discuss this further.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best regards,

Hi, please let me know if you have any further questions or if you want to discuss this further. Best regards!