Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I have a very close friend that was on Harvonni treatment

Customer Question

I have a very close friend that was on Harvonni treatment for Hep "C". It took her 6 months to get rid of the hepatitis. Meanwhile 3months prior to receiving the treatment, the Ultrasound showed 2 spots on the liver. The hospital where she received treatment, told her they would watch it closely, but after being Hep"c"free she was told she had Cronic Cirrosis of the liver & would need a liver to live. She has continued to drink 14 beers on a good day &more on a bad day & now has decided she does not want a transplant. My question to you is how long will she live at the rate she continues to drink daily???? A very concerned friend Dee
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

In a clinical study the mortality in a group of patients with advanced cirrhosis was extremely high with 5 and 15 years' mortality in 71% and 90%, respectively.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.