Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I am having quite a few odd symptoms and would like to be

Customer Question

I am having quite a few odd symptoms and would like to be checked out but don't know what kind of dr to go to. I am having many bruises come up on my body and not from hitting or bumping against anything. I am 56 and weigh 127 lbs. I stay tired most of the time, gums will have bright blood coming from them and have been to the dentist and my family dr and still no answers. My joints in the bend of two fingers on my left hand and the toes or two of my toes on my left ft in the joints are so very sore and ache. I would like to be checked for lupus and leukemia. I would like to have a CBC, Erythrocyte sedimentation rate, kidney and liver assessment, urinalysis, and ANA tests done. Could u tell me what kind of dr could help me with this? Also I have a tingly sensation or cold chills on the left side of my scalp and face.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Well such bruises in the presence of normal CBC , could be connective tissue disorder like Ehler Danlos syndrome , it could be Platelet dysfunction .

It would be ideal for you to once consult Medical Internist followed by Rheumatologist .

This will be ideal next plan of action.

Regards ***** ***** luck.

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what type of tests would show up the ehler danlos syndrome or platelet dysfunction?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

You should get BT / CT time to check Platelet function .

While EDS need Physical examination for evaluation please .

Regards ***** ***** luck ,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also the skin on my hands look very wrinkled and my fingertips are shriveled. Would this too be caused from one of these?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Yes Ehler Danlos syndrome can cause skin issues like lax skin .

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this a serious thing to have and is it treatable? I do have MVP and leakage of mitral valve and triscupid valve.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My joints are very movable and quite strange looking on my hands and toes. It's like I have extra or double jointed.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Such valves issues are associated with such syndromes .

Symptoms are controllable .

You should go to Rheumatologist please .

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would be the BT/CT show up leukemia if I had it or just the platelet function?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

No this will not show up Leukemia , this is test to know the cause of Bruise .

Regards .