Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.

I need to buy Lortabs on-line but have heard that it's

Customer Question

I need to buy Lortabs on-line but have heard that it's illegal. Is this true?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes. I used to go to a pain clinic before I moved. There's no pain clinics here. I take coumadin because I had blood clots in both my lungs after a lap chole. I was in a car wreck and broke my back twice. I was a RN for 20 years prior to the blood clots.
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Good. A lot of things I can't do because of my back but I can do basic things.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yes. I take high blood pressure medicine. Medicine for Gerd. Effexor for depression but I've been on it for years.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Yes buying online without a prescription is illegal and dangerous. This is because most of these sites are selling fake products which may contain other medications and in dangerous quantities which may also lead to poisoning or other adverse effects and complications. Also this is a controlled-substance medication which is regulated by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, as well as by the FDA. Pharmacies in U.S. that sell this medication must have a special license issued by the DEA.

Therefore please consult your doctor locally about how to continue getting a prescription in your current location. You may also ask the pain clinic which you used to go previously for help in this matter.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is a scam. Do not use my debit card for any more charges. I live on disability and can't afford it. All I wanted was a answer to my question but I didn't want to be charged a high fee for it.

Dear customer,

Below is a link for U.S.-based online pharmacies that have been certified by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy where you can legally buy prescription medications:

Take care.