Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Upper back pain below left shoulder blade, Certain material

Customer Question

Upper back pain below left shoulder blade
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Certain material shirts irritate it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm bi-polar and sleep apnea thyroid and cholestoral and low potassium
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern regarding pain in upper back:

What is your age & gender?

Since how long you have this pain in upper back?

Have you picked any heavy weights?

Have you underwent X-ray or any other test so far?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also feels like something is moving underneath my skin. Been to er numerous times. They gave me steriod injection and i'm taking methocarbamol 500mg 4 times a day. They want me to get a MRI done. Its getting worse and seems like its spreading. Please help me
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms of upper back pain below left shoulder blade you are having can be due to acute spinal strain causing stretching injury to the ligaments, tendons, and/or muscles of the upper back. It is one of the most common causes of upper back pain.Another possibility is of spinal radiculopathy.It is nerve irritation that is caused by damage to the discs between the vertebrae or it can occur when the nerves of the upper spine are irritated by mechanical cause or disease.

You need tests like:Nerve testing (EMG/electromyogram),radiology testing like X-ray,CT scan or MRI scan.

As you are also feeling that something is underneath your skin,this seems more probable to be neuropathy. Yes,an MRI is required to rule out other causes & also EMG(electromyogram) is very much required.

Medications like anticholinergics, antihistamines, and benzodiazepines may be prescribed by your doctor accordingly.

So bot***** *****ne is that yes,you should go ahead for MRI scan & also for EMG for the confirmation of exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh