Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am 70 years old. I had a colonoscopy in July and there

Customer Question

I am 70 years old. I had a colonoscopy in July and there were 3 polyps removed that were precancerous. the doctor wants to recheck in 2 years. ever since that day I have had bowel movement every time I urinate. it is not very much but has not stopped. could sometime have happened during the procedure to cause this?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: i have not seen a doctor about this. I take blood pressure, thyroid, paroxidine,
JA: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?
Customer: i have been not monitored by blood pressure
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have cll, type 2 diabetes
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I'm glad you had a colonoscopy.

with colonoscopy, there is a big prep you take before the procedure to cause severe watery diarrhea to clean out the colon so the doctor can see inside of your colon wall

often times this affect from the prep can cause your bowels to move more quickly for several days to weeks after the colonoscopy has completed.

you can slow down your bowels and have larger bowel movements by eating more bananas and rice and cheese which can slow down the number of small movements you are having

eating more fiber and fiber supplements could help bulk up your stool.

taking a probiotic daily and also eating yogurt daily can help add good bacteria into your bowels as well

drinking more water and getting regular exercise can help your bowels.

I would try these methods and over time, I bet your bowels will return to being more regular

I don't think that something "happened" during the colonoscopy procedure which damaged your bowels to cause you to have small bowel movements with every urination

let me know if you have questions.