Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

For the last 3 months i have been unwell My last admission

Customer Question

For the last 3 months i have been unwell
My last admission was 3 weeks ago, after 6 days in hosp...
I have been in as i have upper quadrant pain, with vomitting, fevers , unable to eat, or drinkI have had every test that i could have,
And they keep saying not sure about the gall bladderI have just had a week, of a colon / bowel test to check for blockages, but they said it looks good so far...
i empty my bowels upto 4 times a day
But i am still in agony, i cant eat or drink today and my pain relief isnt helpingIt feels like im having another attackWhat do i do ? I cant take this anymore
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old are you?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am 35
I take zantac regulary for reflux -
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Stil waiting for my reply

Sorry for the delay. I'm on call this weekend and it seems like I've been in ER or the OR since 5 pm Friday :(

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I understand what u r sayingI just want the pain over with, ita hard when u r a mother and have 4 kids to look after

As the father of five kids I can understand what you must be going through.

I think you will get some relief, finally, from the Professors at a medical center.

I wish you the very best.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS