Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I have been to the doctor. Was told I have pneumonia I

Customer Question

I have been to the doctor. Was told I have pneumonia I sometimes have difficulty breathing. I know have what I believe is a swollen lymph node on my right side on the back of my head and its tender. The pain radiates to my neck and right arm. Could it be a pulled muscle
JA: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: I've had neck pain along time I hurt it years ago and found out my neck is straighter than curved. No numbness or tingling
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 3 months ago.

Hi there

The tender node in this location needs to be examined and possibly taken out. If this is truly a tender swollen lymph node, then it could be very serious. It might not be a lymph node, but an infection/abscess which also needs to treated. This does not sound like pulled muscle. The pain extension is most likely related to an inflammatory process. It's not urgent but you should check with your family doctor Monday, otherwise go to urgent care

If this asnwers your question, please complete the rating above. It's how we get credit for the service. Best wishes

Let me know if you have any more questions