Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My daughter is 11 years old and I noticed that her eyelids

Customer Question

My daughter is 11 years old and I noticed that her eyelids are yellow. The rest of her skin is fine. Could this be a vitamin deficiency?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?
Customer: Her eyelids are never swollen. Her eyelid have been like this as long as I can remember. It's just more noticeable as she is getting older. She is very fair skinned.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. She gets a physical every year and she is healthy.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Can you upload a picture of her eyelids?

How long have you been noticing this?

Does she eat a normal, balanced 11 year old child diet?

Does your daughter have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am at work but I will take a photo and send it to you over the weekend. She has probably had this for several years. her pediatrician never said anything about it but I always forget to bring it up. Her diet could be better and she won't take multi vitamins. She does not have any medical problems and she doesn't take any medications. Could this be hereditary? I don't have it but her fathers family may. They are very faired skinned, dark hair and dark eyes. Italian decent.

Thank you for that additional information.

I am on call this weekend but will be online as time, and my new grandson, permits.

You can just post the picture to this thread. Please make sure it is in good focus on the areas of interest on her lids.

Have a good day.