Daniel Sheibley, MD
Daniel Sheibley, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MD Grad Jefferson Medical College 2009. Internal Med intern 2010 & Radiology residency 2011. Husband & father of two.
62460980

I am in soo much pain. Have tooth infection..was given

Customer Question

i am in soo much pain. Have tooth infection..was given ibuprofin 600 for pain every 6 hours... I cant make it to the 6th so took it at 5 the last two times..... now scared i am overdosing ..and suferign from panic attacks this doesnt help thinking it.. but pain toooo much to have waited for the full 6 hours so took it the last 2 times at 5 hours..... Am i in danger?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Daniel Sheibley, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Have you contacted your prescribing physician? You are better off with a narcotic pain medication rather than an nsaid (ibuprofen) if you are taking it that frequently. When are you going to get your tooth taken care of?

You need to inquire with your treating physician about a prescription for Percocet. Does that provide a satisfactory answer to your question?