Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I have random blood in my stool, sometimes it is bright and

Customer Question

Hi I have random blood in my stool, sometimes it is bright and sometimes it is darker and sticky looking. I have had a stool sample and a blood stool sample and they have all come back ok. could stress cause this x
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Hi sorry are you still there
JA: No. I'm the Doctor's Assistant.
Customer: Sorry I got called away somewhere
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: About 3 months ago i got gastritis and was sick around 4 times. Since then I have had abdominal pain and some chest pain. My stool in consistent but blood can vary from non to bright red on the surface to darker surface red. I have some mucas in the stool when i first pass in the morning. I am under a fair bit of stress at the moment so I am wondering can stress cause this. I have had a full blood test last week and blood stool test and infection stool test this has all come back fine
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for waiting. Have you had a colonoscopy or upper GI endoscopy? Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No neither of them.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it possible stress can cause this

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. I am sorry but stress can't cause blood in stool. Stress has been connected to various abdominal symptoms but when it is about blood, stress is never related. The possible causes can be an infection, hemorrhoids, polyps, mass lesion etc. It's not necessarily a cancer so just don't stress yourself. The other causes that I have mentioned are more likely and they are treatable. Clear stool tests are encouraging but you should visit a gastroenterologist as soon as possible rather than relating your symptoms to stress. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards