Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Ended up in hospital in January with diabetes been a

Customer Question

Ended up in hospital in January with diabetes been a diabetic since about 98 diabetes has been up and down Got A 1 C 6.4 last time dr. Said all you look good luck cut back your insulin and come back in one month what is going for a little ride on the bike for a few days to see my kids sugar went way out of whack in July I have asked about my thyroid a few times the research I do all goes back to thyroid neck pains throat hurting stressed out really really bad but I'm diagnosed with diabetes that is my problem now I'm doing 10 more units this week than I did last week my sugar keeps going up and I'm eating less gaining weight I know it's my thyroid how can I get to the bottom of this without my doctor I'm not going back to her all about money I can see that now I just want to know what I can do for myself and all I have is a and b Medicare that's another problem is it because I'm on Medicare they won't send me to a doctor for my thyroid I know this has happened with my hand I have something in my hand they told me if I get better insurance they could take care of that for me just looking for an answer I'm really stressed about it
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for this question

I'm Dr. Phil, licensed internist

I'm here to help

It could be both. Thyroid and diabetes

was your thyroid tested?