Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I have been diagnosed with small seizures. Can a high stress

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with small seizures. Can a high stress level be part of the cause for this? I am also told I am bipolar and have hypomania although I do not agree with the bipolar and not sure why this is in my records. I did have some marital trouble quite a few years ago and subsequently got an assault charge against a man in town that was hitting on my wife. This has caused much trouble in my life as I now have lost my licence and drive truck for a living. Hypomania maybe whatever that is because I do work very hard all the time. How do I find out if I am truly bipolar? Do I need to see a physiatrist?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer,

Please describe the seizure that you had? Is this the first time? What investigations were done? What treatment was given? What is causing you to have a high stress level?