Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

I have had a dull pain in the lower left side of my lumbar

Customer Question

I have had a dull pain in the lower left side of my lumbar area and under my left rib off and on for about a week. There has been constipation as well and when my bowels move it is thin and not very much. I started drinking bene fiber 3 days ago and it was helping some and last night I drank prune juice which helped but my stool was very watery. What can I do to relieve the ache and get my bowels moving normally ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 2 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

This seems to be GI infection

What I suggest is to have Probiotics with combination of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium for 10 days

Take Metamucil, a fibre supplement that can help in relieving constipation

Continue prune juice once a day for a week

You should be normal with these.

If the symptoms continue, you need to go to the doctor for antibiotics

For abdominal pain use Hyoscine butylbromide tablet available in Pharmacy

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top right corner of the page to leave a positive rating for me [I appreciate 5th star]. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for Health-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

A bonus after rating is optional.

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya

You have more questions to ask?

Thank you