Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

My husband is 82 with early signs of dementia, heart,

Customer Question

My husband is 82 with early signs of dementia, heart, chronic back pain (using fentanyl) and the last several weeks has been needing to urinate more and more often. Last night he got up all night long to urinate, sometimes he'd barely lie down and get back up. Today he's continuing to have to pee every five to ten minutes and wetting his underpants before he can get there. Urgent care? Wait til tomorrow to see his GP? He says he is in no pain.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 2 months ago.

There is concerns about a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), very likley getting worse. He should be evaluated today at the ER or Urgent care. If you wait, there is a risk of him developing sepsis and severe dehydration, both are serious complications that require lengthy hospitalization

If this asnwers your question, please compete the rating above. It's how we get credit for the service.