Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My son had Hand Foot and Mouth, I started getting symptoms

Customer Question

My son had Hand Foot and Mouth, I started getting symptoms on Friday, I am still acquiring sores and blisters....
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: when would I be able to go back to work?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no, this is definately hand foot and mouth
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your problem

Hand,foot and mouth disease is a contagious disease. It usually settle in a week or 10 days time . It is most contagious during the first week of illness and at that time contact should be avoided . So you most likely will be able to go back to work after about 10 days to two weeks .Sometime there is still a slight chance of spreading infection for few weeks .

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Are you there ?

Any more question ?

Regards

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. Hi this is another expert. You are contagious until all blisters are gone and skin healing has begun. You may also continue to shed the virus in your stool for months after your initial breakout (which means extra and washing precautions are needed for months) . I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars, for this is how I am credited for my response.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Have all of your blisters resolved and did you go back to work?