Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

My apartment building has a metal front door. I was wearing

Customer Question

My apartment building has a metal front door. I was wearing sandals and stubbed my toe on the corner of the door, which resulted in a cut/bleeding. There is no visible dirt in the area and I cleaned the cut with chlorhexidine. I am up to date on my tetanus shots as I work in a hospital. My last booster was in October 2014. Do I need to worry about tetanus or get a booster shot, or should my most recent booster protect me?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 3 months ago.

I’m Dr Chaithanya, attending you.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking this question.

Please wait while I review your question.

I will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible

Thanks for waiiting

Yes, you need to get a Tetanus booster irrespective of your last dose after a wound/cut. No harm.

I don't see any risk as you have cleaned well with chlorohexidine, but on a safer side.

Hope this helps

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top right corner of the page to leave a positive rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for Health-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A bonus after rating is optional.

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya