Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Low blood pressure causing dizzy spells. How can I increase

Customer Question

Low blood pressure causing dizzy spells. How can I increase my blood pressure safely.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern regarding dizziness from low blood pressure:

What is your blood pressure reading?

Are you diagnosed with any medical condition?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Readings: 98/54 105/57 I am a diabetic. At times my blood pressure is normal.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The range of systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg. Your readings of 98/54 & 105/57 are lower then normal.

First the cause of low blood pressure is to be determined.There are various causes of it:dehydration,moderate or severe bleeding,severe inflammation of organs inside the body,heart diseases,vasovagal reaction,adrenal insufficiency,imbalance of electrolytes.

For symptomatic relief from dizziness,you can take tab.meclizine hydrochloride(brand name: Dramamine).It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Treatment depends on the cause.So first the cause of low blood pressure is to be determined and then treatment is done accordingly.The cause of low blood pressure can be determined with blood tests, radiologic studies, and cardiac testing. In general terms common table salt dissolved in water when drinked raises the blood pressure safely.

Following will help you greatly in raising your blood pressure.

• Any underlying cause needs to be treated accordingly.
  • Eat a diet higher in salt.
  • Drink lots of nonalcoholic fluids.
  • Limit your alcohol intake & drink plenty of water
  • Get regular exercise to promote blood flow.
  • Also elevate the head of your bed at night.You can do this by placing bricks or blocks under the head of bed.

Keep monitoring your blood pressure.And please consult your doctor for tests & examination to rule out any underlying cause of this low blood pressure.

Hope this helped.

If there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh