Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

Was taking Oxcycodone HCL and Lyrica for Nerve damage

Customer Question

Was taking Oxcycodone HCL and Lyrica for Nerve damage extreme pain pending nerve block treatment. New doctor gave me Oxycodone Acetaminophen now I test postive for Morphine? Which I have never taken, googling it appears that this drug can go through the kidneys and produce a false positive? Any advice, links direction?
Now I'm being told that I have to go get tested again, and its like they dont know about what I have read?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 3 months ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 3 months ago.

Oxycodone is opiod analgesic and this gives false positive result for Morphine .

If you have been tested positive for Morphine , you should show prescription of Oxycodone to you testing authority .

Regards .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you know if there is a spcific test they need to use?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 3 months ago.

Well this depends on the Oxycodone to leave the system till that this will be positive , you should wait to repeat test .

Oxycodone is detectable in blood tests for roughly 24 hours , in saliva tests for 1-2 days , urine tests 3-4 days and hair tests up to 90 days .

If you are going for blood or urine test you should wait for a week after taking last dose of Oxycodone to show negative test .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/