DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Had a burning tongue after kissing,no sex, about six months

Customer Question

had a burning tongue after kissing,no sex
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: about six months now,appeared to have had a sore on the throat which did not last.one physician said it was a throat infection got antibiotics metrizanole,amoxyllene mucanazole and flux something,cannot recall the actual names.the other physician said i had no infection when i was complaining of whitish stall in my mouth without any sores
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nothing of noting,used to have ulcers from time to time
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Burning in the tongue can have a variety of reasons.

It can be due to infection which can be bacterial or fungal,stomach disorders,nutritional deficiencies like B1,B2,B6 or B12,certain food allergies,anxiety,depression or stress,dry mouth,certain drugs like anti depressants and some conditions related to upper respiratory tract including infections.

Now if you have this problem for more than six months you need to get it evaluated.Get some blood work for nutritional deficiencies and hormonal disorders like thyroid problem.The further treatment can be advised based on examination and result of lab tests.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Are you with me ?

Any more question ??

Regards