Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I think that i have some kind of parasite that is in my ears

Customer Question

i think that i have some kind of parasite that is in my ears and possibly in my digestive system...I have been experiencing delusions both visual and auditory. I cant discern the difference between reality and dreaming and not sure if I am in a movie about myself or if my mind is telling me to seek help. what is the best way to rid myself of this and how can i get rid of this "disease" the fastest? what is it for my information and to seek more options for treatment?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: no colds or flu but i have been having dizzy spells and eating issues as well as constipation and mental issues i cannot sleep or function normallhy and my ear itches i also feel like i can see them coming out of my ears and it feels satisfying when i shoot water in the shower into my ear
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have a history of adhd and general, social and test anxiety also ptsd and depression
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Since you are having difficulty discerning the difference between reality and dreaming, the first step in determining whether there are any parasites would be to see your primary care physician. If the evaluation by your primary care physician does not demonstrate any parasites, then that would indicate that the perception of parasites would be a delusion. In that case, it would be appropriate to be seen by a Psychiatrist, who can consider the prescription of various medicines that can help ease the delusions.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.