Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I had a urine test i am yrs old my creatinine level can back

Customer Question

I had a urine test i am 69 yrs old my creatinine level can back 66.5 mg/dl this was not a 24hr test and i dehydrated for blood tests is that normal
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for this question. Well this is a relatively high spot urinary creatinine test and it can be due to a number of reasons. But as you were dehydrated, it is very likely that this high creatinine was due to the decreased amount water in your urine. If this is the case then a repeat test after a week when you are fully hydrated would be normal. It can also be high if you have a diet which is high in proteins/meats. But i would still recommend that you get a serum creatinine level done just in case when you have the urinary test repeated. If you have already gotten the serum level done and it was normal, then you have nothing to worry about. But to simply answer your question, YES it is very likely that your high creatinine was due to dehydration.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,