Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Three weeks upper back pain ,shoulders,discomfort sometimes

Customer Question

Three weeks upper back pain ,shoulders,discomfort sometimes in chest,today in morning little ohlem with blood I'm scare
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: Sometimes when I walk or climb stairs
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have high blood pressure
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need my answer
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. I was just able to access your question, sorry for the delay. Can i ask do you have any fever? Does the chest pain worsen with breathing? Are you a smoker? What is your age and gender? If you can give me some additional information i will be able to answer your question in a better manner.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No fever,65 female,ocasional disconfort on chest

Thank you for the additional information, ill just compose answer for you and get back to you in a couple of minutes

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want my answe

Well there are a few things which can cause these symptoms. the first one which comes to mind is a viral infection which can cause the pain in back, chest as well as shortness of breath and the blood. This can present even without a fever in patients above teh age of 60. if this is the case then you should have a chest xray done as soon as possible. it is possible that you have bronchitis which can cause this problem as well.

Another cause of the shortness of breath and chest pain can be a small blood clot in the lungs which can cause increase in the heart rate as well as chest pain which worsens on breathing. This would need an IMMEDIATE Ct scan of the chest followed by blood thinning medication to break down the clot. This can present with blood in your sputum.

Lastly heart failure would also cause symptoms like these and also cause swelling of the feet as well as pain ind ifferent regions of the body. This would need an immediate echocardiogram and also EKG along with several other tests to diagnose and then be treated with certain medications including diuretics.

Now considering your symptoms and teh fact that they seem to be worsening, i would STRONGLY recommend that you have this evaluated as soon as possible at your local urgent care center.

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/