Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have two grandchildren girls 4 1 they have two mid size

Customer Question

I have two grandchildren girls 4 1 they have two mid size dogs in the house since birth.the girls have always had colds severe bad breath rattle in there chests running nose and green mucus from there their mouth all their docs do ampsilan or it due to cutting teeth i had rumantic Fever as a child I'm scared to death that the girls may get dirty house dog hair all the time praying for answers thank you done with statement
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I can see you are concerned with your grandchildren.

if the kids go to preschool or play with other children, the most likely are exposed to a lot of germs and viruses and allergies which can cause colds, bad breath, sinus congestion, runny nose and green mucus.

they could even have allergies to dust or animal dander or seasonal allergies as well.

the dog won't give them rheumatic fever.

they may benefit from taking allergy medications and being tested for allergies.

they will benefit from washing their hands more and avoid touching their face and nose with dirty hands.

but it sounds like they have working immune systems that have kept them as healthy as possible up to this point.

I hope no one smokes at home either. a parent who smokes can cause irritation and to the lungs and sinuses as well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com