Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

On Monday, August 8th I'm laying on the couch playing on my

Customer Question

On Monday, August 8th I'm laying on the couch playing on my phone, I get up to go to bed and notice this little swollen part on my upper chest (3"-4" below my collar bones) that looks just like a mosquito bite but it doesn't itch, there is no blood just some clear fluid when pressed. I think nothing of it and go to sleep.
The next morning (Tuesday) I wake up, the swelling is gone but I have two little scabs, 3.5 mm apart. Because I have OCD/GAD I immediately thought this could be a bat bite. Granted, I have never seen a bat in or around my home, nor has my husband. Surely I would have felt a bat crawling around on me, especially on my upper chest.
However, my anxiety has gotten the best of me and I'm wondering if I should have a rabies booster. I've had rabies vaccines in the past due to travel.
January 2013 - Full PEP
January 2015 - Booster (2 shots)
August 2015 - Booster (2 shots)
January 2016 - Booster (1 shot)
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also, I am in Houston, Texas USA
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

I can understand your concern , but it is highly unlikely that you have Bat bite , it is highly likely that some insect has bitten you and because of scratching you have little scabs .

As this event is not the indication to have Rabies vaccine , you have already full course of vaccine .

Just relax , and nothing to worry right now .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Do you have more questions ?

Please don't forget to click on Good rating as I will give credit only when you will rate .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The thing is, I didn't feel anything crawling on me or biting me. I know it wasn't a mosquito because it didn't itch or hurt.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 months ago.

Some insect bite is most likely , so nothing to worry about .

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One last question, for the past couple of days I've been experiencing a "nervous stomach" which causes nausea and loose bowels and a constant headache. I've even began having these phantom sensations around the area of the bite. Could anxiety and "over thinking" really cause all of these symptoms?I will admit, my anxiety level has been at a maximum level for a week now.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 months ago.

Yes definitely these all are the symptoms of anxiety , and you should overcome anxiety , which will ultimately cover all things .

Try to relax , be happy and good luck .

Many thanks .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 months ago.

Hello are you there ...