Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I just have a question. I have PCOS, and lately it started

Customer Question

Hi, I just have a question. I have PCOS, and lately it started happening that I have digestion problems. I am having loose stool after periods. This was never the case, but for past 2 months I am having digestion problems. Is it normal?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: once in 1.5 months. yes my stomach pains
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nope.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. PCOS usually causes and is associated with hair growth, anxiety/depression, but is not associated with stomach problems. Have you changed your diet? Taking any medication for period cramps? If you are taking NSAIDS to help control cramping, this could cause your loose stool. If none of these apply, then a visit to your PCP for stool analysis may be warranted. I am here to answer any additional questions. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response. Thank you and feel better.