Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I need a prescription for hydrocodone but cannot afford a

Customer Question

I need a prescription for hydrocodone but cannot afford a Dr, what can I do
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Yes I am allergic to mobic
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and had a tumor removed from my neck
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

There are online places that can help. Here is some information on where you can go to get your medications:

As far as writing a Rx, or helping you to obtain your medication with an online consultation, I am afraid I have some bad news.

It is illegal for me to prescribe any medication online. Giving an Rx requires that a doctor/patient relationship be formed with a face to face meeting and the need for medication -- be it an antibiotic, viagra or strong pain pills -- be documented in the medial record.

If I was to call in an Rx for you I would lose my medical license and, quite possibly, go to jail.

The best thing you can do is try to get your regular doctor to understand your needs and give you the medicine you require. Another option, of course, would be to go to ER. However, I can understand how difficult this would be for you given your current situation.

The only way to accomplishing this goal that I know of is to use a telemedicine service. By using this type of service, you will get a phone call from a doctor who has a license in the state in which you legally reside. There are certain medications that cannot be prescribed via telemedicine. The most obvious are narcotics and psychotropics. The best sites that I know of to provide the possibility of obtaining prescriptions without a doctors visit is :

Hopefully one of these online medication services can help you.

I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me if I provided you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick