Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I had a TT about three years ago for PTC in the last few

Customer Question

I had a TT about three years ago for PTC in the last few months I have noticed a painless lump on the right side of neck a few weeks ago had an ultrasound that was inconclusive but probably an enlarged lymph node on the stereo mastoid muscle but recommends a fusion CT/PET scans. My doctor said he rather I see the surgeon that did the TT instead of any scans I have that appt in two weeks what would you suggest I'm 65 with a history of Barrett's otherwise pretty heathy My blood work for thyroid came back in normal ranges. While the lump is small it does seem to be growing and protruding a bit since my ultrasound. I'm assuming my Dr is waiting to see if the surgeon thinks I need biopsy or something. Can you tell me the pro/con of surgeon vs scans
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 months ago.

Those cover many different terms.

What is your history exactly

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thyroid removed due to papillary cancer It was encapsulated and I did not have IR I do have some thyroid tissue coming back on the opposite side of neck. Medical history .... Hysterectomy when I was 21. A few severely dysplastic moles over the years. Thoracic surgery for leisions in esophagus and stomach 15 yrs ago now just have Barrette

I think scans are useless compared to biopsy.

Scans are not definitive and can not be certain.

You should proceed with the biopsy.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not sure why I was just sent to fill out credit card info again as I put membership $53 and have a 7 day trial?