Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have fungal infection in the hair and body for almost two

Customer Question

I have fungal infection in the hair and body for almost two months. What can I use to stop the infection.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes, the doctor gave me itraconozole 100 mg 10 pieces of tablets. the symptoms went away for a week but the itching has come back. Also I have vaginal infection. the docter gave me gyno daktarin. The problem I have is the itching on the hair scalp and also the vagina. The also gave me a lotion for the hair call loxazol but it does not help.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I do not take any medication. I am allergic for the medications: asperine, bruffen and penicilline.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, nothing in particalur. I did a hysterectomy surgery 9 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help you. My first question is Do you have Diabetes or have you been tested for Diabetes. When a fungal infection does not heal, there are two things to look for, high blood sugar and HIV infection. Discuss both with your doctor. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars so I am credited for my response. Thank you and feel better soon.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

I am concerned, please see a doctor.