Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

Need help desperately. My daughter is very sick, she is 28

Customer Question

Need help desperately. My daughter is very sick, she is 28 and her health has never been great. When young she kept UTI problems with kidneys. Later in teens bladder problems worse. Early twenties kidney stones bladder stones. Her husband is military and they move post to post. They came home to Alabama last year and I am trying to help her get help. We have been given 2 different diagnosis. Last one being ( hyperparathyroidism). I did research and it should have shown a pic of my daughter! But nobody wants to do anything because they say her studies (labs and ua collection) change. We are at wits end. She is in constant pain. Has no energy,and I'm afraid she is giving up! Can anybody help? Please?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. Her diagnosis is Primary Hyperparathyroidism, so her calcium and PTH are elevated. Or has she been diagnosed with secondary which gives a high PTH and low serum calcium. Since you are in Alabama, may I suggest you contact the School of Medicine at University of Alabama in Birmingham, Dept. of Endocrinology to have your daughter evaluated. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response. Thank you and I hope your daughter improves quickly.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

I am concerned, did you contact UofA?