Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic

Was just fixing something on one of my work vehicles

Was just fixing something on one of my work vehicles delivery trucks and it very hot and humid , I wore gloves to do work mechanic stuff and when I took gloves off my hands were very white pale and super wrinkled , this is the first time this has happened to me is this due to something not serious , being wrong blood flow , blood oxygen etc ? I am 37 a smoker 20 years a pack a day not very active the last ten years but I have stated doing cardio again to keep blood flowing best as possible ?

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

Can you take a picture of your hands?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No cause it went away but basically they looked like hands after sitting in water for too long what can be likely causes?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I found it very strange never happened to me before and I'm thinking it may have to do with my smoking and maybe raynaud disease/phenomenon?

It does sound like Raynaud's more than anything else.

We do know that smoking can absolutely damage your peripheral vessels which affects blood flow to the extremities.

I would recommend pursuing consultation with a vascular specialist who can run tests on your blood vessels and find the potential issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Checking in. Is there anything else I can help you with today?